Joining the line-up of six models already available to order in the UK is the entry-level T-Roc S 1.0 TSI 115 PS six-speed manual which is priced at £18,950 RRP OTR. Alongside this, and similarly available to order for the first time, is the luxurious T-Roc SEL 2.0 TDI 150 PS 4MOTION six-speed manual. Representing the first diesel offering in the car’s line-up, this model is priced at £28,345 RRP OTR.
The T-Roc sees Volkswagen enter a fresh market segment with this stylish and sporty new model. Sitting beneath the established and extremely popular Tiguan SUV, and above the forthcoming new T-Cross small SUV, the T-Roc represents a key element of Volkswagen’s ongoing SUV offensive.
T-Roc Is Engineered To Perform
Like its larger Tiguan sibling, the new T-Roc will in time be offered with a broad range of turbocharged engines: three petrol engines (TSI) and two diesels (TDI) units, with – depending on engine choice – the option of manual or DSG automatic gearboxes and in front- or 4MOTION all-wheel drive formats.
Every all-wheel drive version of the T-Roc also has 4MOTION Active Control with driving profile selection as standard. The system is operated via 4MOTION Active Control on the centre console. The driver uses it to activate four higher-level modes and various pop-up menus. When the rotary switch is turned to the left, one of the two on-road profiles is activated: ‘Street’ and ‘Snow’.
When the switch is turned to the right, the two off-road modes are available: ‘Offroad’ (automatic setting of off-road parameters) or ‘Offroad Individual’ (variable settings). 4MOTION Active Control adapts relevant assistance systems to the driving situation in seconds.
Driving Profile Selection is also included as standard in 4MOTION models. It allows the driver to individually control – depending on standard and optional equipment available – parameters for DSG; automatic air conditioning; electromechanical power steering; Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC) and Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC). Five profiles – Comfort, Normal, Sport, Eco and Individual – are available.
Assistance When You Need It
All T-Roc Design models are also equipped with the Driver Alert System. Other options include eleven additional assistance systems. An overview of the assistance systems is:
- Front Assist area monitoring system with Pedestrian Monitoring and City Emergency Braking
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) (active from 18 mph to 130 mph with manual gearbox, 0 to 130 mph with DSG)
- Dynamic Road Sign Display
- Rear View camera system
- Lane change system with Rear Traffic Alert
- Blind Spot Monitor lane change system (available early 2018)
- Lane Assist lane keeping system
- Park Assist park-steering assistant with manoeuvre braking function
- Traffic Jam Assist (available early 2018)
- Emergency Assist (available early 2018)
- Proactive occupant protection system
- Driver Alert System
- Light Assist main-beam control system