< Back to News

Demand doubled for Ford Focus ST

Written by: Neil

UK car buyers have shown an increasing appetite for Ford's latest Focus ST model after the manufacturer introduced its new petrol and diesel lineup earlier this year.

In total, more than 6,700 Focus ST models have been purchased in the UK in the year so far, compared to 2,460 for the whole of 2014. This represents a 270 per cent annual improvement in sales and means UK buyers have now purchased more than 50,000 Focus STs since the brand's launch in 2002.

Roelant de Waard, vice president of marketing, sales and service at Ford of Europe, commented: "New Focus ST has been a runaway success with customers spoilt for choice between our latest petrol and diesel power units.

"Diesel drivers now have the additional option of the Ford PowerShift transmission, which allows them to swap between quick-shifting automatic and sporty manual to suit their mood."

So far this year, 45 per cent of buyers have opted for the latest 185PS diesel Focus ST variant, while the remaining 55 per cent have been in favour of the marque's 250PS EcoBoost petrol design.

Indeed, the positive news for the manufacturer and buyers does not stop there, as Ford has now announced its Focus ST range will be bolstered by the availability of a new six-speed dual-clutch PowerShift transmission, which will be available to order for delivery in early 2016.

 

Get your FREE Drivers Club fuel-finder app – let’s go.

Fast, easy refuelling is only the start. Log on and get your FREE Drivers Club fuel-finder app, plus exclusive offers. For you, your family & your friends.

www.driversclubonline.co.uk